Why Guild It KC?!
GUILDit, a forum where artists talk about growing their business, has made its mark in KC.
GUILDit Fits Into What Is Happening, In…
– KC Art:
- Which has been rated #1 in the highest percentage of visual artists per capita
- Was #3 in the concentration of professional theaters in 2015
– KC Entrepreneurship:
- Was rated in the top 5 among 50 global cities as a best city for entrepreneurship
- Has been rated as a top 10 city for start-ups
– US Art Entrepreneurship:
- More than 6 in 10 artists are self-employed,
- On average 15% of artists founded their own company
– US Entrepreneurship:
- Has over 80% of businesses owners are sole-proprietors
- Ways entrepreneurs look externally for advice: 52% from individual mentors; 51% from social networks; 44 percent from trade associations; 36% from business advisors; 31% from the Internet and 27% from Chambers of Commerce.
What is being said about GUILDit:
- 60% say they learn from other art entrepreneurs at GUILDit
- 50% say they come to connect with other artists
- 40% come to check-out the KC art scene
- That it is an excellent networking opportunity for artists, educators and entrepreneurs
References: Endyclopedia.com 2015; VisitKC.com 2014 article “America’s Creative Crossroads” ; Strategic National Arts Alumni Project 2015; The Arts & Economic Prosperity IV report 2012; 2015 Fortune article “The fastest-growing group of entrepreneurs in America