View art that is playful and mindblowing, has structure yet seems random, that has depth in visuals as well as meaning. Venture into Optics has pieces by nationally and internationally known artists Barry Anderson, Jose Faus, Nathan Neufeld, and Miguel Rivera that are a collection of abstract video, 2-D mix-media, and 2-D sculpture, as well as 3-D printing works. Their creations reach the heights of imagination, plus boldly redefine subject matters and objects. These renown artists expertly explore the optical phenomenon, their work being an amazing way we can access the distance between seeing and thinking.
– – Barry Anderson is a UMKC Professor and video artist that is in the collections of the Kemper Museum, the Nerman Museum and the Everson Museum. His video Oblique Phases is making its first appearance in the Kansas City Area, after showing in Los Angeles.
– – Jose Faus has murals throughout Kansas City and South America, for which he received a cultural ambassador grant from the U. S. State Department. He is exhibiting, The Persistence of Us, a 2-D sculpture piece showing for the first time.
– – Nathan Neufeld and KCAI 3-D printing students. Nathan has exhibited nationally and internationally including at the SanAngelo Museum and at The International Ceramics Center in Hungary.
– – Miguel Rivera is a KCAI Professor of Printmaking that has had numerous solo and group exhibitions in Mexico, Japan, and the UnitedStates.
– – KCAI Students Mol Mir & Hunter Saxton
This exhibition is curated by Susana Bruhn, Director of GUILDit – Kansas City’s events where art and biz fuse.
Don’t miss our panel discussion with Venture Into Optics artists on December 12 » https://www.jocolibrary.org/events/venture-optics-panel-discussion.
The exhibit is 9/3- 12/15/19
@ Johnson County Central Library – Gallery hours are:
– Sun: 1:00 pm-5:00 pm
– Mon – Thu: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
– Fri: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
– Sat: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Johnson County Central Library
9875 W 87th St
Overland Park, KS 66212