Listed are some of GUILDit’s top happenings that you made happen. Give to GUILDit’s growth in 2020, so we can continue to help grow Kansas City’s arts and economy.
1: GuildIt helped Dancer Maura Garcia get another grant, this time for $20,000, so she can expand sharing her contemporary Native American choreography and education with the community.
2. Worked with other business organizations and entrepreneurs in getting a $350,000increase in the City of KCMO’s Small Business and Entrepreneur Budget.
3. Our first show at the fabulous Buttonwood Art Space, with 77 exhibiting artists & 150 works of art.
4. A second year in working with the amazing Johnson County Library, exhibiting the intricate works of Barry Anderson, Jose Faus, Nathan Nufeld, Mol Mir, Miguel Rivera & Hunter Saxton. Plus, our diverse panel included Barry Anderson, Jose Faus, Cristina Albu & Mo Dickerson.
5. 200 increase in attendance between our forums, special events and exhibits with a total year attendance of 3000.
6. Presenter quote “GuildIt has made me focus and understand where I am and where I want to be.” – Teresa, KCMO
7. Patron quote “GuildIt is not just a one-way lecture but more of an idea workshop.” – Kelly, Fairway
8. Hosting our progressive art/biz talks at the inspiring Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art.
9. The dedicated GUILDit team of staff members GK Callahan, Luis Garcia, Heather Collinsworth & Susana Bruhn. Plus, our board members Amy Bagnall, Grant Harse, Kimberlyn Jones, Jon McGraw, Mitchell Smith & Shane Wilson. Along with assistance from Joseph Johnson, Roy Morrill, Rachel Treanor, Paul Tyler & Becky Wilson.
10. The many happenings that just happen when you get together a room of talented artists, plus art and business enthusiasts.
To support more GUILDit happenings, give $25 or more so we can help more artists share their talents with Kansas City.