Three well-known local artists share their insights on creating strong messaging, competency, and empathy in their art and careers. Learn how these women artists communicate and navigate their ideas in ways that attract others to their work. This diverse panel will discuss taking risks, being confident and courageous. They will provide perspective on the current library art exhibit ‘Women’s Voices: Coloring it BOLD’ as well from their own art forms. – Sponsored by GUILDit & Johnson County Library
– Molly Hammer – This singer has an eclectic mix who has performed with the finest of Kansas City jazz musicians.
– Maria Vasquez Boyd – A poet, KKFi Show Host, plus painter and illustrator who has exhibited across the U.S. and in Mexico.
— Teresa Dirks – A painter and arts leader who coordinates and markets the Stock Yard Studio events.
– Ebony Johnson – A poet, GUILDit facilitator, and KKFI Host.
– 6-6:30p – Light refreshments served
– 6:30-8p – Panel and discussion
GUILDit Visual Artists at Johnson County Central Library are
Laura Berman, Jane Booth, Teresa Dirks, Cheryl Eve Acosta, Katrina Revenaugh, and Robin VanHoozer
Update: We are excited to add Teresa Dirks to the panel. She is in the Coloring It Bold art exhibit and has been a leader in the visual arts community with her marketing and coordination of the wonderful Stockyards Studios events. She will be replacing Nicole Emanuel.