Gain insight into the complexity and depth of optic artwork as the panelists discuss taking risks and navigating ideas, as well as giving insight into audience questions on this captivation art style. The talk features GUILDit’s ‘Venture Into Optics’ exhibit and will be held in the gallery. Light refreshments served 6-6:30pm.
– Jose Faus has murals throughout Kansas City and South America, for which he received a cultural ambassador grant from the U. S. State Dept.
– Barry Anderson is a UMKC Professor and video artist that is in the collections of Kemper Museum, Nerman Museum & Everson Museum.
– Cristina Albu is a UMKC Professor of art history. She is the author of ‘Mirror Affect’ and conducts research on technologies crossovers into art.
– Mo Dickens works at the Belger Arts Center and was The Pitch’s 2010 “Best Humble Servant of the Arts”
– 6-6:30pm – Light refreshments served
– 6:30-8pm – Panel and discussion
‘Venture Into Optics’ Exhibit Artists: – Barry Anderson, Jose Faus, Nathan Neufeld, Mol Mir, Hunter Saxton & Miguel Rivera….. Exhibit closes 12/15 …. Exhibit Details: http://www.guildit.org/venture-into-optics-art-exhibit/