GUILDit spurs Kansas City artists and entrepreneurs. Our mission is to create communities around best business practices in the way of forums, panels, lectures and alike programming. These communities connect artists, entrepreneurs, mentors, advisors, patrons, resources and tools. Our vision is an ever growing Kansas City economy and culture.
GUILDit engages, educates, and empowers art entrepreneurialism.
Every 4th Thursday
– 4th Thursday 12-1pm
- 2 artists are given the opportunity to present their business (~6 minutes each)
- Then the audience will brainstorm for ~20 minutes on business goals, challenges, and needs so to help refine ideas, that enable all to reach even greater success in their businesses.
All this within an hour. We are inspired by 1 Million Cups in format, which is in now in 70+ cities.
Come be energized and inspired!, while growing the KC art economy.
Our Story, Successes & Stats
We launched May 21st, 2015 with a small group of dedicated volunteers and leaders. Much appreciated is the guidance given to us from KC art leaders and other organizations, primarily the Kauffman Foundation, Chameleon Arts, ArtsKC, and InterUrban ArtHouse.
KC Art/Biz/GUILDit Facts
A 2 minute video Celebrating 5 years of GUILDit!
|5 Fast Stats:||
- As a result of her GuildIt presentation, celebrating Native American month, Dancer and Choreographer Maura G. has received over $22,000+ in grants because of GUILDit. Maura has since sharing ed her gifts with the community
- Poet Sheri H. got a recurring paying gig offer, an agent referral for a new line of revenue (voice-over work) and encouragement to apply for residency programs so as to write her first book for a publishing house.
- Robyn V. received encouragement to charge more for her amazing wax paintings and make a marketing video of her involving process, which requires a blow-torch. Plus, she is now being represented by Weinberger Fine Art because of GUILDit.