2016 Top Ten KC GUILDit Happenings
KC’s lil biz forum for artists and patrons has a lot to be thankful for. From growing the businesses of local artists to growing our grassroots organization.
- Painter Robyn VanHoozer is now being represented by Weinberger Fine Art because of GUILDit.
- Sculpture Dylan Mortimer was offered free social media by GUILDit alum Steven Fuller, who owns Fuller Creative.
- Musician Calvin Scott got an offer to do workshops at the KC Public Library during GUILDit’s networking session. Plus, he was given a resource for accounting needs.
- Choreographers Garry Abbot & Jane Gotch discovered and were connected to a new grant opportunity and performance outlet.
- Poet Sheri Hall took all the great offers, referrals, and resources following her forum presentation to finally make the leap to a full-time artist and freelancer, leaving the 9-5 job, to write her first book produced by a publishing house, as well as pursue other creative activity.
- Hosting international illustrators Mark English and Sterling Hundley at the KC Public Library with 200 attending.
- GUILDit received grants from the Kauffman Foundation, ArtsKC, and the Francis Family Foundation
- We put together a fantastic board to help build GUILDit’s future.
- The dedicated GUILDit team of Christian Hankel, Luis Garcia, Ebony Johnson, Sebastian Smith, SusanaB, Hugh Merrill and Paul Tyler.
- The many happenings that just happen when you get together a forum of talented artists, plus art and business enthusiasts.
To read more about GUILDit: Spaces Magazine the ‘The Economy of Art‘ and Startland News ‘GUILDit feeds starving artists with tools to monetize their crafts‘